An Improved Hybrid Bermuda
Tolerant of traffic and wear
Tifgrand Bermuda is an improved hybrid bermuda scientifically bred to withstand up to %50 shade. Its leaf texture is finer than that of Tifway.
- TifGrand Bermuda turfgrass forms a lawn tolerant of traffic and wear, and recovers quickly with proper maintenance.
- TifGrand Bermuda turfgrass is more resistant to Spring Dead Spot (SDS) than common Bermuda grass selections like Celebration.
- TifGrand can be installed as dormant sod.
- TifGrand sod is only available as first-quality Georgia Certified.
- TifGrand (PP21017) was developed by Dr. Wayne Hanna and released by the University of Georgia, Tifton Campus.
- TifGrand Bermuda turfgrass is only reproduced vegetatively. TifGrand seed is not available for starting TifGrand bermuda grass lawns.
Requirements & Characteristics
Light Requirements: TifGrand Bermuda only requires 4-5 hours of sun.
Irrigation: Though drought tolerant, to maintain a healthy appearance during the hottest months of summer, Tifgrand needs about 1 to 1 1/4 inches of water a week. On sandy soils it often requires more frequent watering, for example, 1/2 inch of water every third day. A light green-grey color and narrowing of leaves indicate that it is time to water.
- Hot Weather Tolerance : Excellent
- Sun Requirement : 4 - 5 hours Excellent
- Wear Resistance : Excellent
- Injury Recovery : Excellent
- Winter Color : Dormant
- Mowing Height : 0 .5" - 2"